The DCMTK is functionally structured into so-called modules. For each module there is a directory in DCMTK's main directory.
These are the modules of the public DCMTK toolkit (version 3.6.0):
- config: Module for configuring compilation of DCMTK
- ofstd: General purpose library including string class, etc.
- oflog: A logging library based on log4cplus
- dcmdata: Module for reading, modifying and writing DICOM data structures
- dcmimgle: Module for processing DICOM images (grayscale)
- dcmimage: Module for processing DICOM images (color)
- dcmnet: Module for the DICOM network protocol
- dcmqrdb: Module providing a simple test PACS
- dcmsr: Module implementing DICOM Structured Reporting (SR)
- dcmwlm: Module implementing a DICOM worklist server
- dcmjpeg: Module implementing a DICOM JPEG codec
- dcmjpls: Module implementing a DICOM JPEG-LS codec
- dcmpstat: Module implementing DICOM Presentation States
- dcmsign: Module implementing DICOM signatures etc.
- dcmtls: Module implementing secure networking for DICOM
- docs: Module containing some general documents about DCMTK
- doxygen: Module for generating API documentation with doxygen
Documentation on the DCMTK is available online.
This image illustrates the dependencies between the public modules (as of DCMTK 3.6.0):
The image was generated by parsing DCMTK's source code with this script. More information about it can be found there.